Updates as of March 16, 2020
We will add to this list as we become aware of additional resources. If you would like to add a resource to the list, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we have not vetted any of the resources listed below, so you will need to determine eligibility. Funds may be limited.
We recommend that you reach out to these resources as soon as you know that you may need assistance
instead of waiting until rent or bill payments are due as there is generally some lead time before your are able to receive help.
State of California Resources
- If you are unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Disability Insurance (DI) claim.
- If you’re unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member, you can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim.
- If your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19, you can file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.
City/County of San Diego Local Resources
- 211 San Diego – COVID-19 information and assistance
- 211 San Diego Financial Assistance
- 211 San Diego – Rent Payment Assistance
- Financial Resources for Veterans
- Rental Assistance Programs in San Diego
Immediate Job Openings
Another option would be to look for a temporary job. Many companies are hiring additional employees to help with the shift in demand during this time – grocery stores, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Target to name a few. This is a google listing of jobs posted for the San Diego area to get you started. You can also try searching sites like Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, Indeed, Monster and LinkedIn.