UPDATED – March 18, 2020
UPDATED – March 17, 2020
We have assembled a page of financial assistance resources (both state and local) as well as links to get updates from governmental agencies. We recommend that you reach out to these resources as soon as you know that you may need assistance instead of waiting until rent or bill payments are due, as there is generally some lead time before you are able to receive help.
UPDATED – March 12, 2020
Dear Cambridge Residents:
The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, (COVID-19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, we are following state and local health officials’ guidelines and taking proactive steps to address health concerns.
Changes and preparations you need to know now
- Effective immediately, Cambridge will be requesting additional information on all work orders regarding illnesses in homes in order to better prepare our maintenance technicians or vendor partners entering a home. Additional PPE will be worn while servicing our properties. Please note that we may, if the need arises, service only emergency or health and safety issues on our properties, tabling all non-emergencies until the end of the health crisis.
- With social distancing requirements in effect, beginning immediately, all of our offices will be closed to the public for approximately the next 8 weeks or until the health crisis is over. The drop box at our corporate office door will still be available for those that do not have access to the internet for maintenance requests or online bill pay. Maintenance requests can also be submitted via email at email@example.com or via our helpdesk at helpdesk.cambridgemgi.com. They can also be mailed to the same address used for rent payment.
- We do, however, recommend that if you have not already done so, that you set up online accounts for all maintenance requests and online bill pay through our systems. For those that pay by money order, a second option of a bar code system is available so that you can send your money orders electronically. With the new social distancing requirements, we recommend that you prepare to be able to conduct your personal business through an electronic format. All systems can be accessed through our website at www.cambridgemgi.com.
Staying home if ill
- Cambridge has long held the policy for all employees who are ill, or have an ill family member, not to come to work until they have been symptom-free for at least three days. We will continue this policy, making it stricter to include any cold or flu symptoms.
- We are preparing our employees whose jobs enable them to perform their work from home to do so.
- We are postponing non-essential meetings and travel and encouraging teams to conduct meetings as much as possible by telephone or online.
- We are asking residents to conduct business with our employees by phone, email or the website to reduce opportunities for the virus to spread. We recently installed a new phone system in our office that gives us the ability to respond to an increase in residents who contact us by phone. The contact us page on our website has the direct phone lines and email addresses for all of our departments if you would like to call a department directly.
- We will be requesting additional information regarding illnesses in homes in order to better prepare our maintenance technicians or vendor partners entering a home. Proper PPE equipment will be worn in their work environments.
- We have instructed employees on additional sanitation practices to ensure they are not transferring viruses to themselves or others.
- Cambridge is now cleaning office areas at least daily, sanitizing door handles, railings, bathrooms, elevator buttons and other frequently touched surfaces.
Cambridge is currently operating during normal business hours, however as a reminder, has closed all offices to the public for approximately the next 8 weeks or until the crisis is over.
We know the COVID-19 virus is causing great concern and want you to know that we share that concern. We are taking the situation very seriously and are closely monitoring developments. We will adjust our operations further as needed and will keep you informed of any additional changes we may need to make to protect our residents and employees. Our website will have the latest updates available for you at the banner at the top. www.cambridgemgi.com.
We recognize that this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to our residents, teams and owners. We appreciate your patience as we all navigate through the unknowns of the next few weeks.
Your Cambridge Management Team
As the spread of COVID-19 is a public health issue, the following are resources for you to find up to date information:
Centers for Disease Control:
San Diego County Virus Monitoring: (https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/status.html)
State of California Public Health: (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Guidance.aspx)